Since the creation of the school Heiho Niten Ichi Ryu, « School of strategy of two Heavens as One »or 2 swords as one by Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645), one of the greatest Samourai and never been defeated in 60 duels , passed his knowledge and his battle field experience on to us.
Already famous from the beginning, the School has come down through the centuries with its authenticity intact. The continuity of teaching is maintained by a lineage of Masters. Many offshoots from the original School have been seen, but the School
Hosokawake Dento Heiho Niten Ichi Ryu Santo Ha is considered to be the most direct lineage. After Miyamoto Musashi, many generations have succeeded:
- Miyamoto Musashi (1584~1645)
- Terao Kumenosuke Nobuyuki (1621~1688)
- Terao Gouemon Katsuyuki (1673~1747)
- Yoshida Josetsu Masahiro (1713~?)
- Santo Hikozaemon Kiyohide (1756~1831)
- Santo Hanbei Kiyoaki (1792~1858)
- Santo Shinjuro Kiyotake (1824~1909)
- Aoki Kikuo Tesshin (1886~1969)
- Miyagawa Isaburo Kishin (1908~ 1977)
- Hiejima Masanobu Ishin
- Ozeki Shigeyoshi Tenshin
- Medhat Darwish Koshin
Koryukan is proud to be on the path of the Great Master. After many journeys to Japan seeking for continuous improvement, Medhat Darwish Sensei, Shihan in Daito Ryu Aikibudo, is now a holder of a teaching Mokuroku in Hosokawake Dento Heiho Niten Ichi Ryu Santo Ha . The goal of Koryukan is to maintain and to spread the teaching of NitenIchiRyu, the use of two swords.